Since my site is all things spectacles I wanted to write a short post about my all-time favorite model of Oakley sunglasses, the oakley scars.
These are not easy to get anymore. I had the blue lense shown in the picture and these bad boys are not easy to find. I’d say there are only a few left in the blue color and most of which sell for well over $100.00 on ebay.
Slick look to them for sure. Fortunately, you can still find these on ebay and elsewhere but there aren’t many left to go around, not in this color.
Generally, you want to be wearing sunglasses all the time when outdoors to defend yourself against the Sun’s ultraviolet rays. There simply is no reason to not defend your skin and eyes against this but often times folks don’t always feel comfortable with them on or, for whatever reason, simply choose to go without them.
I ran track in high school and absolutely fell in love with the M frames back in the day. They are still around and Oakley has only grown in its success. Athletes from runners to basketball players to every other specialty where them.
You don’t necessarily have to go out and buy a brand new $100.00+ pair of Oakleys. You can get a nice, used paid for half the cost or if your not the spending type and don’t want to break the bank then get a cheap pair to wear. You can find any good pair of shades that will protect yourself against the Sun’s UV rays for $5 to $10 bucks.
The bottom line is you want to feel comfortable with what you are wearing whether they are Oakley or not is the least of our concerns. Preferably, I always thought the Oakley scars were a cool looking pair of shades and nowadays, they are extremely rare to find anymore. A new pair in this color is even difficult to find on ebay or online elsewhere.
If you want to hang out at the local pool you have to expect that you will be getting hit with the suns U-V rays. The scars are my #1 recommendation to protect your eyes and skin from those rays. My #1 recommendation if you have a pool that needs repaired or renovated is pooldeckrepairsanantonio.com You don’t mess with Texas and these pool deck professionals not only made my back yard pool look fit for a Saudi King and his family to hang out in; I no longer have the stress of slipping and dealing with cracks like I did in the past.
5 Reasons To Wear Shades
There are endless reasons why anyone would want to wear sunglasses but here are 4 main reasons.
1. Defense against skin cancer. Who wants or needs that right? No one. Protecting your eyes from the suns UV rays is one of the smartest things you can do. You can get cancer of the eye lids and skin around the skin areas of your eyes. The best defense against that is wearing a nice looking pair of shades that can block that out for you.
2. Clear Vision – if you are wearing sunglasses you are not fatiguing your face and eyes by squinting all the time. We all know how uncomfortable that can be while trying to drive a car and getting ole big bright all up in our grill right? No fun. Get some shades on your face and fix that problem really quick.
3. Adaptation to the Dark – Say whaaaaaat? Yessssir. You can adapt to darkness quicker by wearing sunglasses. You spend, at most 3 hours in the sunlight and you will find yourself having a hard time adapting to indoor light levels.
4. Protection from blue-light. No, I’m not trying to go disco on ya. If you spend too much time in the blue portion of the sun’s spectrum you could be stuck like chuck. Faghhheeeettttaaabout it. You could run the risk of being susceptible to various skin diseases that you simply don’t need. I have a friend who works at sanantonioasphaltinstallation.com who is out in the blazing heat working pavement on all day in Texas. You have to protect your eyes and skin especially if you are like him who works out in the heat and humidity all day in the direct line of sunlight.
5. Protection from the Sun’s UV Rays – no one cares to have cataracts and this is something that can occur from being exposed too often to the sun without eye protection. This is serious and that is why I always preach to have a nice looking pair of shades on your face that have the proper defenses against the suns rays. It is an easy fix to walk down to the gas station and get yourself a cheap pair of $5 shades. You don’t have to spend $120 on a pair of Oakleys if you don’t want to but it is an easy decision to start wearing sunglasses and quite a wise one at that.
Thee are just 5 reasons why you should be taking the time to wear sunglasses. I am all about spectacles here at The Spectacles as you can already very well see, no pun intended.
You only get one go-around in this life, that we know of, so you might as well start taking your vision and eye defense as seriously as you can. Keep the fun though. Life is already far too short so don’t take things too seriously, of course. You already know what it feels like to drive your car on a sunny day without sunglasses with ole big bright beating down on your face. It isn’t pleasent to say the least. Do something about it. Do it!
I am a huge spectacles fan and there is no other brand I love form then Oakley’s. This is a picture of one of my favorite models, the M Frame. The company has been around for years and all through high school I used to see people wearing them.
Nothing has changed today and the company has continued to expand globally. Oakleys is a massive company to say the least. As an athlete for many years, I could not go anywhere without my Oakleys. I am already a spectacles fanatic and out of all the brands out there Oakley takes the cake in my book.
If you are in a hot, humid and sunny state like Florida, Texas or California you one of the best things you can do is to do yourself a favor and get a pair. The sun’s harmful rays can do a number on even the most adapted sun bird and no sense in squinting your eyes all day without some cool looking shades right?
I have a friend who is a pool expert at www.poolinstallationsanantonio.com who absolutely swears by eye protection being out in the Texas sun installing pools. You won’t find him working on trees or working out without a pair on. I guess it just all depends on the invidual. Obviously, if you work a specific job field that requires eye protection like arborists you absolutely must take eye protection seriously.
There are so many models out there from Ray Ban to Oakely to Nike. Nike, actually has some nice looking shades as well but nothing touches Oakley in my book. They have more colors and variations then one can dream of and numerous styles as well.
It is just a safer bet to wear shades as it protects the skin around the eyes from the suns UV rays and obviously, you dont have to go spend $100 plus for a pair of M Frames. You can get a cheap pair of sunglasses for $5 if you so choose. The bottom line is you want to be safe and take care of your health.
I may be an Oakley freak but the bottom line up front is that you can make the choice to wear the M Frames or any other brand if you want, just take your of your eyes. You dont get another pair so you best take care of them with some protection.
Feel free to get in contact with me if you have any further questions or concerns.
Welcome everyone to my new website, The Spectacles. Please continued to check back as we continue to add content to the property. We hope you will enjoy what we have to offer and look forward to gaining your readership.
Special thanks to our Vasayo sponsor over at www.npennington.com for the support.